EDEB8 - Ultimate Online Debating
About Us   Debate    Judge   Forum

New Take on Iraqi Chemical Weapons

< Return to subforum
Dassault Papillon
By Dassault Papillon | Oct 15 2014 2:45 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/chemical-weapons-found-in-iraq-nyt-report-135347507.html
Granted, none of these weapons were produced after the Gulf War. But, it does show that Saddam Hussein still could've used chemical weapons on somebody if he wanted to, as he still had the weapons needed to do so. Until his downfall in 2003 he was still a legitimate potential threat to global security. Granted, the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria isn't exactly a good replacement for Saddam Hussein, but that wouldn't have happened had the United States and its allies stayed in Iraq.
Any thoughts?
nzlockie
By nzlockie | Oct 15 2014 3:20 PM
Dassault Papillon: The USA should return to their policy of Isolationism?
Blackflag
By Blackflag | Oct 15 2014 9:34 PM
nzlockie: Agreed. I'm a fan of regional sphere's of influence. France and Britain should be dealing with Ukraine. Canada, Mexico, and the United States should focus on rooting on the extremely complex and violent crime network in our country, and if I had any confidence in China and Russia, they would be doing their jobs to promote peace in their respective regions.
lannan13
By lannan13 | Oct 17 2014 11:04 PM
I've always said that there were Chemical Weapons in Iraq, but no one believed me. Bush has even warned that if we pullout of Iraq to early it would be primed for a terrorist takeover.
What is immoral for a individual to do is immoral for a government to do."- Rand Paul
"What fun is there in making sense?"- Discord
Defeat the Washington Machine, and Unleash the American Dream!
"Th
Dassault Papillon
By Dassault Papillon | Oct 19 2014 6:08 AM
lannan13: Indeed. Now we've got the Islamic State.
Blackflag
By Blackflag | Oct 19 2014 7:36 AM
Dassault Papillon: We've known about Saddam Hussiens chemical weapons since 1983. Iraq, like 60 other countries, are producing chemical weapons. This isn't headline news.
Blackflag
By Blackflag | Oct 19 2014 7:37 AM
By this logic, we should invade every country, because every country is producing at least one weapon which the UN restricts use on. Hell, America has the largest arsenal of chemical weapons in the world. That my friend, is a fact.
Blackflag
By Blackflag | Oct 19 2014 7:41 AM
lannan13: We've known about Iraqi chemical weapons since Al-Alfal
lannan13
By lannan13 | Oct 22 2014 10:46 AM
Dassault Papillon: According to the news, ISIS has taken control of the "Dragon's Egg" could you imagine what ISIS is going to do now?
What is immoral for a individual to do is immoral for a government to do."- Rand Paul
"Th
lannan13
By lannan13 | Oct 22 2014 10:47 AM
Blackflag: I know that, but the fact is that there are still many blue liberals that still believe that there was no chemical weapons in Iraq.
"Th
Blackflag
By Blackflag | Oct 22 2014 11:23 AM
lannan13: .... The question is how finding them changes a damn thing
lannan13
By lannan13 | Oct 22 2014 1:07 PM
Blackflag: If we were smart we would have RFID'd those things.
"Th