EDEB8 - Ultimate Online Debating
About Us   Debate    Judge   Forum

Why I am obsessed with China

< Return to subforum
Page: 12Most Recent
admin
By admin | Jun 13 2015 9:53 PM
Blackflag: Some. Quite limited. Standard of living in general is hard to measure but seems quite the focus of modern economics.
I'm the main developer for the site. If you have any problems, ideas, questions or concerns please send me a message.
Let's revive the forums!
Dassault Papillon
By Dassault Papillon | Jun 14 2015 12:47 AM
Blackflag: 300 million compared to 1.3 billion? Please.
Dassault Papillon
By Dassault Papillon | Jun 14 2015 12:51 AM
admin: But it'd be a more extreme version of U.S. hegemony. I mean, the U.S. was only dominant because the world let it be. If the U.S. went crazy, it could be "taken out" by the international community. China in this situation would be much more difficult for even a united world to defeat.
Dassault Papillon
By Dassault Papillon | Jun 14 2015 12:52 AM
admin: I talk about standard of living because it's very heavily connected to income.
Dassault Papillon
By Dassault Papillon | Jun 14 2015 12:55 AM
I'm not saying the U.S. isn't a potential threat either. I do think we should be taken down a notch, but not while China's standing in line to take our place.
Blackflag
By Blackflag | Jun 14 2015 5:32 AM
Dassault Papillon: Our GDP PPP per capita is better than China and our GDP nominal is better than China, but that means nothing if our military is not better than China. The problem, like the Soviets once had, is that our military surpasses sustainability, at least if we want to maintain quality troops and not a large conscripted militia like China has.
Blackflag
By Blackflag | Jun 14 2015 5:33 AM
Collective security organizations like NATO are in our best intrests, but the program needs to be expanded to our asian allies such as Australia.
Dassault Papillon
By Dassault Papillon | Jun 14 2015 5:35 AM
Blackflag: And with the recent hack, they may have gotten their hands on military designs and research data, meaning they could soon have all the technology we have. There's no way we can just leave China alone now.
Blackflag
By Blackflag | Jun 14 2015 6:55 AM
Collective security organizations like NATO are in our best intrests, but the program needs to be expanded to our asian allies such as Australia.
Dassault Papillon
By Dassault Papillon | Jun 14 2015 7:34 AM
Blackflag: Australia and Japan should definitely join NATO. The only problem is that it's called the NORTH ATLANTIC Treaty Organization.
Dassault Papillon
By Dassault Papillon | Jun 14 2015 7:36 AM
I also think Mexico would make a good NATO member. It'd force a bunch of nations to get involved in Mexico's drug war, but that's just about the only drawback I can think of (and getting involved might slightly help deal with America's drug problem).
Blackflag
By Blackflag | Jun 14 2015 7:55 AM
Dassault Papillon: That was thrown out the table the moment we told Georgia they could join
Blackflag
By Blackflag | Jun 14 2015 7:57 AM
Dassault Papillon: No, Mexico wouldn't join because they are a core member of the neutrality sphere. A shame too, because they have an advanced military full of veterans who have actually seen combat within the last decade. It would be a chance to get the support they need to fight their cartels though.
admin
By admin | Jun 14 2015 1:20 PM
Dassault Papillon: I think the planet would be taken out long before the US is taken out in the event of a global war.
I'm the main developer for the site. If you have any problems, ideas, questions or concerns please send me a message.
Let's revive the forums!
Blackflag
By Blackflag | Jun 14 2015 3:59 PM
admin: You'd think wrong then. Swag is correct. The hegemony of the US is only maintained because other nations allow us to maintain it. In reality we are weak without are allies, economically and militarily.
Blackflag
By Blackflag | Jun 14 2015 4:00 PM
*our
Page: 12Most Recent