EDEB8 - Ultimate Online Debating
About Us   Debate    Judge   Forum

Rand Paul's Filibuster

< Return to subforum
lannan13
By lannan13 | May 20 2015 10:48 AM
My favorite cannidate Rand Paul, is doing it again and is taking the floor to filibuster the RIGHT way against what he believes is wrong. Rand Paul is trying to vote down the renewal of the Patriot Act which allows the Government to tap phone lines and allows the NSA to spy on us amongst other things. I support Rand Paul's filibuster. ( http://randpaul.com/f/stop-spying-filibsuter?sr=520sfb2 )
What is immoral for a individual to do is immoral for a government to do."- Rand Paul
"What fun is there in making sense?"- Discord
Defeat the Washington Machine, and Unleash the American Dream!
"Th
That1User
By That1User | May 20 2015 3:07 PM
lannan13: Why do you support Rand Paul?
lannan13
By lannan13 | May 20 2015 9:21 PM
That1User: Several reasons. I support his fiscal policy, immigration policy, defense policy, and just about everything except his audit the fed. https://randpaul.com/issues
What is immoral for a individual to do is immoral for a government to do."- Rand Paul
"Th
Blackflag
By Blackflag | May 21 2015 3:15 PM
lannan13: Lol. There is the Rand Paul politician and there is the actual Rand Paul.

He changed half of his vocal policies before announcing his candidacy. I remember the Rand Paul whom conservatives didn't like...
- Legalizing Marijuana and light drugs
- Abolishing the IRS
- Abolishing the Department of Commerce
- Abolishing the Department of Energy
- Abolishing the Department of Education
- Privatizing schools
- Repealing the Child Nutrition Act of 1963
- Reducing the military by 100,000 soldiers
- Supported State Legalization of Gay Marriage

Rand Paul is now either silent on these issues, or in the case of Gay Marriage/Marijuana/MilitarySpending has completely changed his stance since running for president.
lannan13
By lannan13 | May 22 2015 1:59 AM
Blackflag: I know. I've read his books. (The ones that he's plagerized) And I've seen these things and support most of them.
"Th
Blackflag
By Blackflag | May 22 2015 7:39 AM
lannan13: So it doesn't concern you that he wont be following through on any of these things as president. He has to appease the party members you know
lannan13
By lannan13 | May 22 2015 7:49 AM
Blackflag: It's a sad thing, but he's the trojan horse. If he gets in as the Conservative he'll do all these Libertarian things. It's a good fixing of the system if you get what I mean.
"Th
Blackflag
By Blackflag | May 22 2015 8:18 AM
lannan13: I doubt it. He is lying to his voting base and his party members. None of these libertarian policies will make it past a vote in congress, and since he lied to the people who voted him into office, you better believe he wont have enough popular support to override congress.
lannan13
By lannan13 | May 22 2015 8:22 AM
Blackflag: Oh well, there's always Ted Cruz.
"Th
Blackflag
By Blackflag | May 22 2015 9:28 AM
lannan13: Right now I obviously support Bernie Sanders, although his former status as a fringe independent will make it harder for him to win the elections without full support from the democratic party. He'll most likely run on issues involving dismantling the two party system and lowering government spending on corporations, which will be extremely popular with voters but not so much the party.

I imagine a scenario similar to the times when Ross Perot, Teddy Roosevelt, and Eugene Debs ran for president. He'll most likely receive an extremely large amount of votes anywhere from center right conservatives to extreme left liberals, but will fail to win the election simply because it would be impossible to win against party hardliners.
Blackflag
By Blackflag | May 22 2015 9:30 AM
^ The above scenario would only be relevant if he ran as an independent. No way Bernie Sanders could win a democratic primary against Hillary Clinton and her brainwashed followers.
lannan13
By lannan13 | May 22 2015 9:48 AM
Blackflag: My heart goes out to Eugene V. Debs. God rest his soul. I mean I think Bernie would have the same chance of winning as Adali Stevenson did against IKE.
"Th