EDEB8 - Ultimate Online Debating
About Us   Debate    Judge   Forum

Favorite Music Genre

< Return to subforum
Page: 123Most Recent
Blackflag
By Blackflag | Jul 30 2015 3:57 PM
admin: Again, that's pretty corny, especially since all the real reggae bands are in Jamaica or around the Caribbean. Sounds like a bunch of fake white dudes. Are they heavy stoners?
admin
By admin | Jul 30 2015 3:58 PM
Blackflag: "Real" reggae sounds even more corny. What makes that "real" and NZ reggae not "real"?
I'm the main developer for the site. If you have any problems, ideas, questions or concerns please send me a message.
Let's revive the forums!
Blackflag
By Blackflag | Jul 30 2015 4:33 PM
admin: Reggae is corny, but fake reggae is even cornier.

Reggae is a genre founded and rooted in a specific culture. It would be equally corny if an African Spiritual from Malawi hit the British Pop Charts.
nzlockie
By nzlockie | Jul 30 2015 5:04 PM
Blackflag: One day bro, you're going to travel the world and actually experience some of these places you read about on Wikipedia.
When you do that, I hope you'll have the good graces to remember how ignorant you sounded these days when you judged the world from Michigan...

I'm not white, I'm Maori, and reggae music had a huge influence on my people and indeed on the whole NZ populace during the 70's & 80's.
Its probably only a small exaggeration to say that reggae music in NZ is the equivalent of country music in the US.

Here's a kiwi classic from great reggae band, the Herbs. It's not their most reggae sounding track, but I've always thought it highlighted what growing up in East Coast NZ during the 80's was like. You can Google any of their other stuff to get a more reggae vibe if you want.

Thumbs up from:
nzlockie
By nzlockie | Jul 30 2015 5:16 PM
This is a slight more reggae track but more importantly, since it's a heavily political song, with strong lyrics, illustrates the fact that NZ reggae truly embraced the spirit of the genre, as typified by artists like Bob Marley and UB40.
nzlockie
By nzlockie | Jul 30 2015 5:16 PM
nzlockie:

nzlockie
By nzlockie | Jul 30 2015 5:26 PM
And then, since I'm guessing you're going to have a moan that these tracks don't sound "authentic" enough, whatever that means, here's a pretty traditional sounding original kiwi reggae track.

Blackflag
By Blackflag | Jul 30 2015 10:24 PM
Its probably only a small exaggeration to say that reggae music in NZ is the equivalent of country music in the US.
Except American country music originated in America. Reggae originated in Jamaica. Reggae in New Zealand? Very corny.

I'm not white, I'm Maori
Maori isn't a race, and Polynesians are classified as Mongoloids. I think my point cross applies to both white people and asian peoples alike.

Here's a kiwi classic from great reggae band, the Herbs. It's not their most reggae sounding track, but I've always thought it highlighted what growing up in East Coast NZ during the 80's was like. You can Google any of their other stuff to get a more reggae vibe if you want.
First of all, that's not reggae. That is some people trying really hard to imitate cultural tones and accents that just are not existent in New Zealand. I think Reggae is corny, but I think that is cornier. Just my opinion though, so don't shoot me over it.

Thumbs up from:
admin
By admin | Jul 31 2015 4:15 PM
Blackflag: I see Blumenbach's wacky theories are still alive and well in your heart :)

We will do our debate, Krazy and nzlockie are lined up to challenge me first though.
I'm the main developer for the site. If you have any problems, ideas, questions or concerns please send me a message.
Let's revive the forums!
Blackflag
By Blackflag | Aug 1 2015 1:26 AM
admin: Sorry M8, these classifications are universal.
admin
By admin | Aug 1 2015 3:09 AM
Blackflag: Hmm... didn't we debate this one time and I annihilated you so bad you couldn't think of a comeback before your time ran out?
Thumbs up from:
Let's revive the forums!
Blackflag
By Blackflag | Aug 1 2015 4:09 AM
admin: We debated on whether there were more than five or six racial classification. I forfeited and you got the auto-win.

With respect though, I actually annihilated you, in both the debate and in the forums. You were fudging universal accepted science to promote your liberal humanist views, despite almost every scientist on earth adhering to those racial classifications.
admin
By admin | Aug 1 2015 7:06 AM
Blackflag: Really? Because you cited a grand total of zero scientists who agreed with you. Some "annihilation".
Let's revive the forums!
Blackflag
By Blackflag | Aug 1 2015 3:21 PM
admin: Not nessecary, there are probably 200,000 or so publications with the words caucasian or negro in them, but keep on with the righteous ignorance man.

We are strictly talking classifications here...

The categorization of a group based on common charecteristics.

Don't be all dipshit about it, of course scientists invented racial classifications, derp!
admin
By admin | Aug 1 2015 3:48 PM
Blackflag: ... sure... and then scientists realized they were wrong about 50 years later... and all that happened about 200 years ago...
Let's revive the forums!
Blackflag
By Blackflag | Aug 1 2015 4:01 PM
admin: Okay, this is why I think you are incredibly ignorant. Repeat this 1000 times until you remember it...

1. CLASSIFICATIONS CATEGORIZE A GROUP WITH SIMILAR CHARECTERISTICS

2. ASIANS, AFRICANS, AND EUROPEANS ALL SHARE A COMMON SKIN COLOR

3. THE CLASSIFICATIONS ARE JUSTIFIED

You know there are three separate classifications for a snail? Scientists are probably wrong though, all snails are created exactly the same in every single way... *facepalm*

Do you ever admit you were wrong, because I've never seen you do that, and at this point it feels like you are just arguing for the sake of arguing?

admin
By admin | Aug 1 2015 4:05 PM
Blackflag: I have indeed previously admitted that I am wrong.

The 3 kinds of snail have far bigger differences than a slightly different skin color.

Not all asians have the same skin color. Not all africans have the same skin color. Not all europeans have the same skin color.

The shade of your skin is determined by the level of melanin in your skin, which is mostly determined by how long you sunbathe.
Let's revive the forums!
Blackflag
By Blackflag | Aug 1 2015 4:33 PM
admin: I have indeed previously admitted that I am wrong.
Name three times

Not all asians have the same skin color. Not all africans have the same skin color. Not all europeans have the same skin color.
Except you can tell an Asian apart from an African, can you not?

The shade of your skin is determined by the level of melanin in your skin, which is mostly determined by how long you sunbathe.
Yada Yada, a child born to a white family is going to be white.

Race exists, deal with it.
admin
By admin | Aug 1 2015 5:58 PM
Blackflag: Now who's ignoring science and appealing to subjectivity?
Let's revive the forums!
Blackflag
By Blackflag | Aug 1 2015 6:03 PM
admin: It isn't appealing to subjectivity. Hell, this isn't even a scientific question like you keep saying.

I have indeed previously admitted that I am wrong.
Three times?

Can you not tell an Asian apart from an African?

Wont a child from a white family be White?

Question Four for the win. How were any of those questions/statements appeals to subjectivity?
Page: 123Most Recent