EDEB8 - Ultimate Online Debating
About Us   Debate    Judge   Forum

Edeb8 Member Awards 2014

< Return to subforum
admin
By admin | Jan 1 2015 12:55 PM
Welcome one and all to the inaugural edeb8 member awards!

Best Debater
nzlockie
One of the longest serving site members, nzlockie has shown an incredible attitude to debating and taken on feedback extremely well. Going from strength to strength, nzlockie is now the second highest ranked debater and highest ranked judge on the site for good reason.

Best Community Member
Stag!
The vote on this one was close with many strong candidates, but Stag has really matured over his time on edeb8 and clinched the award in the end. Keeping the site's best interest at heart at all times, Stag has always been making suggestions, welcoming new members, reporting bugs, and been active across the whole of the site, making him a very deserving recipient.

Best Troublemaker
PinkamenaDianePie
Prolific voter and last poster, Pinkie pushed edeb8 to its limits in the early days, while keeping a fun attitude that's been missed somewhat over the past few months.

Darkest Horse
cooldudebro
Not exactly a prolific member, cooldudebro has nonetheless made it to number 3 on the debate rankings with a very respectable number of wins and no losses.

Most Dedicated Judge
whiteflame
An extremely strong debater (runner up to the Best Debater prize despite only having 3 debates), and despite a small controversy, whiteflame has written a large number of very high-quality judgments on the site.

Elo Not Representative Of Skill Award
drafterman
An occasional debater, drafterman has only done a single rated debate but a decent number of unrated ones, and won them all. A good number of highly-rated judgments help drafterman seal this award.

King Of Forfeits
9spaceking
9spaceking has done a very large number of debates in the past few months, and despite a low win rate, he has beaten admin, Stag, DV, Romanii and others, in every case by having them forfeit. This is actually a very tough feat and worthy of a lot of respect. In addition, 9space has been an active community member and is highly respected across the site.

Best member to have never done a debate
STALIN
Despite never having done a debate or even posted a judgment, STALIN has been active on the forums and elsewhere on the site to merit an award. He really should debate though.

Coolest suggestion award
jh1234lEDB8
Came up with the initial concept for the new debate box you can see on the debate page and dashboard. I thought it was very cool anyway.

Most passionate liberal
JohnMaynardKeynes
Every site has one, and JMK fits the bill nicely on our site. Having recently resolved to be more active here, JMK has shown in his (one) debate so far a great passion for his beliefs and a lot of research to back them up.

Best anti-edeb8 rant
Darth Vitiosus
Apparently he made one once. I never saw it. But people assure me it was good. That guy from my blog post was a strong contender as well.

Best Female
Forti Animo
With the site almost 80% male, it's sad to see so few girls debating. Forti, on the other hand, has been quite active in the community. GCL and sea shell were very strong contenders too.

Best member to ignore my friend request
Joepbr
Seriously, why would anyone not want to be friends with me? But unfortunately, Joepbr isn't one to make friends easily on this site, despite being great.

Best Admin
admin
Top ranked debater on the site by over 100 elo points, and second-highest ranked judge, everything you see here is pretty much my code at work. But I couldn't do it without the members, and this awards ceremony is about y'all, so I'll dedicate this award to everyone else anyway.

Anyone can award awards! Add your thoughts or your own awards for 2014.
Thumbs up from:
I'm the main developer for the site. If you have any problems, ideas, questions or concerns please send me a message.
Let's revive the forums!
Blackflag
By Blackflag | Jan 1 2015 1:19 PM
admin: Awesome, but Stalin has done a debate
Joepbr
By Joepbr | Jan 1 2015 3:05 PM
admin: Did you sent me a friend request? I don't remember getting it. It may be a bug or I just deleted it by accident, if that is the case, I'm sorry, I'll sent you a friend request myself.
admin
By admin | Jan 1 2015 3:07 PM
Joepbr: Yay! Friends at last lol.
I'm the main developer for the site. If you have any problems, ideas, questions or concerns please send me a message.
Let's revive the forums!
whiteflame
By whiteflame | Jan 1 2015 4:56 PM
admin: I appreciate the award very much, Lars. Thanks!
JohnMaynardKeynes
By JohnMaynardKeynes | Jan 1 2015 5:07 PM
admin: Lol, awesome! I feel I'll have competition for this title in the upcoming year, though. :D
~JohnMaynardKeynes
"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." - George Santayana
"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit." - Aristotle
Pinkie
By Pinkie | Jan 1 2015 5:09 PM
Yay, I've got an award! I feel all glittery and sparkles.
Please excuse me as I'm not super creative when it comes to forum signatures.
Forti Animo
By Forti Animo | Jan 1 2015 5:13 PM
admin: Umm... I'm 100% sure that Bekah should be awarded best female...
Pinkie
By Pinkie | Jan 1 2015 5:34 PM
Yay, I've got an award! I feel all glittery and sparkles.
Pinkie
By Pinkie | Jan 1 2015 5:35 PM
Forti Animo: Lol nahh you're super great Annie!
Forti Animo
By Forti Animo | Jan 1 2015 6:08 PM
Pinkie: I'm never on here tho... 0.o

Pinkie
By Pinkie | Jan 1 2015 6:57 PM
Forti Animo: You are now. O.o
nzlockie
By nzlockie | Jan 1 2015 7:34 PM
Haha nice one. I appreciate the sentiment but decline to accept my award on the grounds that Admin deserves it more.
Thanks for a great year everyone!

My favourite was our strong team effort in the inaugural inter-site tournament. Let's get them in 2015!
Thumbs up from:
Pinkie
By Pinkie | Jan 2 2015 11:38 AM
nzlockie: You can be "Best Forum Dude". That'd be fun. Or "Best at Taking Long to Play their Mars Hill Turn."
nzlockie
By nzlockie | Jan 2 2015 12:41 PM
Pinkie: Hahahaha - well I certainly am the best AT THAT!
Thumbs up from:
Pinkie
By Pinkie | Jan 2 2015 1:16 PM
nzlockie: Haha, yes you are!
Bolshevik-
By Bolshevik- | Jan 2 2015 5:26 PM
admin: " Despite never having done a debate or even posted a judgment " Err..I have done one debate on edeb8. Perhaps the voting time never ended and therefore I am receiving this award?? Pls explain:
Victory: http://www.edeb8.com/forum/Games/828
admin
By admin | Jan 2 2015 5:27 PM
Bolshevik-: Award should probably have read "to have completed a debate". Sorry.
Let's revive the forums!
Bolshevik-
By Bolshevik- | Jan 2 2015 5:28 PM
admin: kk got it
Victory: http://www.edeb8.com/forum/Games/828