EDEB8 - Ultimate Online Debating
About Us   Debate    Judge   Forum

Countries you most want to visit?

< Return to subforum
nzlockie
By nzlockie | Jun 12 2014 12:50 AM
Top three. Assume you have about $5000 spending money per week and you have two weeks in the country. Travel to get there is covered.
I was just in Japan and they have at least 30 different flavours of kitkats, including, Wasabe, Soy Sauce and Green Tea. Its a big world out there!

In no order:
1. Tanzania : Ngorongoro Crater and Zanzibar. Dar es Salaam.

2. Turkey : Istanbul, Gallipoli and just poking around the Western coastline.

3. Tonga : Specifically a 5 star resort and specifically during Whale season. Some of the best snorkeling in the world and you can literally swim with the whales right off your beach. Plus it starts with T.
admin
By admin | Jun 13 2014 10:41 PM
nzlockie: My list

1. Iceland
2. Japan
3. The USA

China would also be a very strong contender, as would Canada, France, Italy, Germany, Nepal, and a bunch of others.

Currently I'm saving up for a trip around Europe that should be fun. Won't have saved enough until next year, though. Italy, Germany and France are the definites on my list so far.
I'm the main developer for the site. If you have any problems, ideas, questions or concerns please send me a message.
Let's revive the forums!
nzlockie
By nzlockie | Jun 13 2014 11:43 PM
admin: I had never been to Italy before this last trip, and it was never on my list either. My wife had spent three nights in Rome and loved it, but I never saw the attraction. After one hour on the ground, I texted her and told her we were coming back.
Florence was the best city I've been to, ever. And I don't say that lightly. When I go back with my wife, we're going to spend two weeks based there if I have any say in it.
(Which of course I don't)
18Karl
By 18Karl | Jun 14 2014 11:41 AM
admin: I've been to Japan and I loved it! Not China tho....

My list:

1. Russia
2. Germany
3. Da Land dat used to be rich (US of A)
"Oi you! Yeah you! How many commies have you shot today"
nzlockie
By nzlockie | Jun 15 2014 10:05 AM
Ever snce I was a little kid, (my family used to get the National Georgraphic magazine) I'd always wanted to visit Russia, Turkey and China.
Still haven't made it to the first two, but I have to say as an adult I was massively underwhelmed by China. I know it's wrong to judge a country on its major cities, but I found it over-crowded and very dirty. It's also not really an EASY country ot visit. I think to get the most out of it, you'd have do your research and a lot of pre-planning. It's not one of those countries you can just turn up and wander around in.

I have to go back again later this year and I'm not really looking forward to it. Sad really.
I'd still like to go out to the North a bit but I'd have to say I prefer Japan. (In terms of over-crowded Asian countries I've visited.)

Does North Africa do it for any one? Morocco, Algeria?
I never really wanted to, but then I saw some pretty cool docos about some of those countries and now I'm on the fence.
admin
By admin | Jun 15 2014 11:56 AM
nzlockie: My mother recently visited China and loved it. She went into the north-west around Urumqi, where all the Muslim Uighur separatists are. Pretty interesting part of the world. I've heard, though, that Taiwan is the only decent part of the South-East, and that requires its own visa.

North Africa would be interesting for the ruins and such. Pyramids, Roman amphitheaters, that sort of thing. I'd rather stay there for just a few days though rather than the full two weeks. Also, I'd rather not go there right now . Not a good time in political terms.
I'm the main developer for the site. If you have any problems, ideas, questions or concerns please send me a message.
Let's revive the forums!
nzlockie
By nzlockie | Jun 15 2014 4:42 PM
admin: Yeah the times I go to China is always for work, and all the main factories are in the south. It's not very nice at all. I think the North would be much better. I'll get up there one day...

The thing I thought was cool about North Africa, is that the desert areas are so dry there that stuff you find is often in pretty good condition. These docos were looking at WWII wrecks and battle fields, and it was pretty cool.
Tophatdoc
By Tophatdoc | Jun 25 2014 3:52 AM
1. Singapore
2. United Kingdom
3. South Korea
"Don't respond to my posts. Don't read my debates. Don't read my messages. Thanks for reading this message. " A Quote from Tophatdoc
nzlockie
By nzlockie | Jun 25 2014 6:20 AM
Tophatdoc: Interesting! Why's that?
Tophatdoc
By Tophatdoc | Jun 27 2014 9:12 AM
nzlockie: Singapore: It is a country with very few resources but has managed to grow faster than any of their neighbors. I would want to taste their food and see their strict laws.
United Kingdom: It is the spiritual parent of the United States. I would want to go sight seeing in London or Manchester.
South Korea: I would want to taste South Korean food and see their Love Land(hehe).
"Don't respond to my posts. Don't read my debates. Don't read my messages. Thanks for reading this message. " A Quote from Tophatdoc