EDEB8 - Ultimate Online Debating
About Us   Debate    Judge   Forum

Your dream home

< Return to subforum
Page: 12Most Recent
admin
By admin | Apr 17 2014 10:30 PM
Because why not? Let's presume you could take any building to be your house, or construct any home of your pleasing. And somehow you didn't have to worry about money or property maintenance. What would your dream home be?

For me personally, I've always thought living at the Chateau Tongarairo would be pretty cool, if one were to change up the rooms a bit. Hearst Castle is probably my #1 though.

I'm the main developer for the site. If you have any problems, ideas, questions or concerns please send me a message.
Let's revive the forums!
admin
By admin | Apr 17 2014 10:43 PM
admin: In other news, posting this thread helped me identify an issue with multiple images.
I'm the main developer for the site. If you have any problems, ideas, questions or concerns please send me a message.
Let's revive the forums!
ADreamOfLiberty
By ADreamOfLiberty | Apr 21 2014 5:37 PM

lol JK, more like:

&imgrefurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.boatinternational.com%2F2010%2F08%2F06%2Fmonaco-yacht-show-to-see-new-perini-navi-concept%2F&h=388&w=690&tbnid=68LmLkN3YvQtbM%3A&zoom=1&docid=BAYlbVEs0uqjrM&ei=DwBWU_uQFoKCyAHE-4DoCg&tbm=isch&client=firefox-a&ved=0CHsQMygVMBU&iact=rc&uact=3&dur=2887&page=2&start=10&ndsp=15
ADreamOfLiberty
By ADreamOfLiberty | Apr 21 2014 5:39 PM
The second image is supposed to be
ADreamOfLiberty
By ADreamOfLiberty | Apr 21 2014 5:40 PM
Hey Admin the images look full resolution to me, I think there is some fancy HTML trick these days to make it fit inside div of a certain size (even relative) ?
admin
By admin | Apr 21 2014 6:04 PM
ADreamOfLiberty: New feature: images now fit. :)
Let's revive the forums!
Pinkie
By Pinkie | May 2 2014 6:21 AM

I love this house because it reminds me of my childhood happy place. Also because Victorian houses are full of secret rooms, bright rooms due to big windows, and great interior decorating. Probably the only con to this house is that it would suck to heat it because of the big windows.
Please excuse me as I'm not super creative when it comes to forum signatures.
admin
By admin | May 2 2014 7:18 AM
Pinkie: Giant windows is definitely one of the high points of Chateau Tongarairo.

And you can't beat the location:

Let's revive the forums!
Pinkie
By Pinkie | May 2 2014 7:32 AM
admin: Windows are amazing!
Pinkie
By Pinkie | May 2 2014 7:35 AM
Pinkie: You can't go wrong with windows, unless it's this house:
Pinkie
By Pinkie | May 2 2014 7:40 AM
Pinkie: Or the house on the street over, it has like 28 windows placed on one wall of their house at random areas and no other windows on any other side of his house.
admin
By admin | May 2 2014 8:13 AM
Pinkie: Sounds like an interesting suburb...
Let's revive the forums!
Pinkie
By Pinkie | May 2 2014 8:18 AM
admin: Well, it's not a utopia. There are a lot of drug houses and all the teens are getting wasted, but if you stay inside, read, and do tons of school, and don't make eye contact it's all good. ;)
admin
By admin | May 2 2014 8:20 AM
Pinkie: "There are a lot of drug houses and all the teens are getting wasted"
- every single person in the world describing their home suburb.
Let's revive the forums!
Pinkie
By Pinkie | May 2 2014 8:21 AM
admin: No kidding.
nzlockie
By nzlockie | May 5 2014 6:42 PM
Corny I know, but I've thought pretty hard about this and I think that I'd like to live here.

https://www.instantstreetview.com/xjrdqz6rqrh0z24vzr5z2u

This is my house.
Now, if money were no object I probably WOULD build a different house, but I still like our location.
We have some really old friends that live next door and several other friends that live on our street.
The street is quiet and looks nice. It is very handy to the shops and there's a nice park about 300m up the road. It has ducks in it which I like.

I don't like big cities but I don't like living in the country either so this is a nice compromise. We have about 5,000 people in my village and the main city which is about 4 minutes drive away has about 60,000. There is another city of 60,000 about 15 minutes up the road. The beach is about 30 minutes away, but that's ok because I'm not really a beach guy.

Pinkie
By Pinkie | May 6 2014 4:54 AM
nzlockie: Broadcast your address to the rest of the world eh Jer? I know where you live.
nzlockie
By nzlockie | May 6 2014 8:33 AM
Pinkie: Haha - it's not a secret Pinkie! I'm a sole-trader business who works from home, unfortunately broadcasting my address is a necessity!

Pinkie
By Pinkie | May 6 2014 8:35 AM
nzlockie: Haha, it was a secret on edeb8.
admin
By admin | May 6 2014 12:03 PM
Pinkie: Not that anybody actually cares. I live at 129 Seaview Road, Paraparaumu Beach.
Let's revive the forums!
Page: 12Most Recent