EDEB8 - Ultimate Online Debating
About Us   Debate    Judge   Forum

Hello!

< Return to subforum
kallistar
By kallistar | Mar 3 2019 5:59 AM
Hi, my name is Kalli, I'm new to this forum and site. Looking forward to being a part of an ACTIVE community.

It seems a little dead currently?

IDK.

Thank you for having me here....
KickTheCan
By KickTheCan | Mar 14 2019 11:36 AM
kallistar: I am new too and trying to find my way around. Yes, looking for an active and busy forum. If you find one, perhaps you could let me know. That would be great.
nzlockie
By nzlockie | Mar 14 2019 9:49 PM
Hi guys and welcome!
I remember a day many moons ago where edeb8 had a bustling forum, but today most of the people who come on sites to chat have gone elsewhere.
The site itself is still pretty active as a debate site, but most of the regulars aren't really here for talking.

It's a shame really because Admin made some pretty cool social things here, like the shout box and groups... but since im also one of the ones that mostly just comes here to debate, I suppose I can't really complain!
KickTheCan
By KickTheCan | Mar 15 2019 10:56 PM
nzlockie: Well, disappointing to hear. Hopefully, at least there are a few around here that still enjoy a good debate on various, as I do. Obviously, being a newbie, not sure who are the most active members or the most active groups. Still finding my way around. I will press on and see what connections I can make in due course.
admin
By admin | Mar 16 2019 7:56 AM
KickTheCan: I still try to check in once every few days. I think the site got a bit bloated so I'm working to make it more user-friendly too, but it's slow progress.
I'm the main developer for the site. If you have any problems, ideas, questions or concerns please send me a message.
Let's revive the forums!
nzlockie
By nzlockie | Mar 16 2019 5:43 PM
admin: Maybe a good place to start would be to go through the groups and delete all the ones that have no posts on the Boards? There must be so many that are dead.
KickTheCan
By KickTheCan | Mar 18 2019 8:23 PM
admin: I usually try every couple of days at least even though I am somewhat time limited some days. I seem to have less time in retirement than when I was working!