EDEB8 - Ultimate Online Debating
About Us   Debate    Judge   Forum

Some Stats

< Return to subforum
admin
By admin | Feb 27 2014 7:38 PM
FYI, this graph shows visitors to EDEB8 (y-axis) on each day from Nov 6, 2013, to Jan 27, 2014:

(thanks Google Analytics)

Also, February may not have the huge spikes of initial interest, but note the consistency of the traffic. We're at 1962 unique visitors for the month, and there's 3276 computers who have ever accessed the site in total. With 113 members this makes an approximate 3.45% total retention rate.
I'm the main developer for the site. If you have any problems, ideas, questions or concerns please send me a message.
Let's revive the forums!
Pinkie
By Pinkie | Mar 2 2014 6:11 PM
admin: I've used two computers with edeb8. Or three I can't remeber.
Please excuse me as I'm not super creative when it comes to forum signatures.
Pinkie
By Pinkie | Mar 2 2014 6:11 PM
Pinkie: *remember.
admin
By admin | Mar 2 2014 6:13 PM
Pinkie: That could well account for up to three of the unique visitors. So 0.15% or so of all unique visitors are you.
I'm the main developer for the site. If you have any problems, ideas, questions or concerns please send me a message.
Let's revive the forums!
Pinkie
By Pinkie | Mar 2 2014 6:16 PM
admin: I go on edeb8 without logging on sometimes to see if anyone has posted. Does that mean anything?
admin
By admin | Mar 2 2014 6:19 PM
Pinkie: Nah, it does it by computer. 1 unique computer = 1 unique visitor.
Let's revive the forums!
Pinkie
By Pinkie | Mar 2 2014 6:26 PM
admin: Oh, okay cool. I logged in on a random computer in CA, does that mean anything?
admin
By admin | Mar 2 2014 6:27 PM
Pinkie: Just another unique computer really.
Let's revive the forums!
Pinkie
By Pinkie | Mar 3 2014 3:39 AM
admin: Okay.
nzlockie
By nzlockie | Mar 3 2014 8:59 AM
You know what might be a fun experiment... we should nominate a month, say, April, and then during that month, make a concerted effort to post as many debates around a specifically controversial topic as possible, for example Gun Control. At the end of the month, we check the stats. Then a couple months later, once they've died down again, we pick a different topic, say, Gay Marriage; and we do that one hard out for a month. Then we compare and see which got the higher traffic!

Wow that idea started sounding lame about half way through typing it out! LOL
admin
By admin | Mar 3 2014 9:35 AM
nzlockie: I think it's interesting. I was thinking of doing a debate each month or so on that month's current LD topic from the US. Right now it's whether placing political conditions on humanitarian aid is unjust.
Let's revive the forums!
nzlockie
By nzlockie | Mar 3 2014 10:06 AM
admin: I'd participate. It's tricky to do a lot of research and prep on the road, especially when I should be focussed on my actual class material so it may not be my best work but I'd still give it a crack.
Pinkie
By Pinkie | Mar 3 2014 5:40 PM
nzlockie: I actually skimmed it cause I was so bored. JK. Sounds cool, I'll vote a lot.
Jonbonbon
By Jonbonbon | Mar 20 2014 2:18 AM
nzlockie: Lol I actually like that...

I vote yay
Nerd Politico
By Nerd Politico | Mar 20 2014 6:47 AM
admin: Want to do that right now? I need to go ahead with writing my case anyway.
Pinkie
By Pinkie | Mar 21 2014 2:45 PM
Jonbonbon: I vote Aff!