EDEB8 - Ultimate Online Debating
About Us   Debate    Judge   Forum

One thing I hate about debating is...

< Return to subforum
admin
By admin | Aug 26 2016 2:15 AM
Share your biggest debating pet peeves here! Also, remember to give others you agree with a thumbs up. :D
I'm the main developer for the site. If you have any problems, ideas, questions or concerns please send me a message.
Let's revive the forums!
cooldudebro
By cooldudebro | Aug 26 2016 10:42 AM
admin: When people are biased when judging.
Thumbs up from:
Crow
By Crow | Aug 28 2016 12:29 PM
When you make an argument void of verifiable claims and statistics, and the only response that you get is to prove it.

For example, if I made a long argument on how love is more important than hate because it creates emotional security, and someone replies "Give evidence"

I'd hope we would be above meandering of that magnitude.
The ADB committee just changed its policy on 8/28/2016
No communication with admin. Ever.
Famousdebater
By Famousdebater | Aug 28 2016 1:08 PM
Crow: Citation is a fundamental part of debate. If you don't like the "prove it" response then you should back up your necessary claims with citations in the first place.
Famousdebater from DDO.
Crow
By Crow | Aug 28 2016 1:15 PM
Famousdebater: Not when it comes to meandering.

It is a dishonest debating tactic straight out of the mouth of Saul Alinsky.
admin
By admin | Aug 28 2016 2:03 PM
Crow: Sort of ironic, then, that you did exactly this on the North Korea thread just yesterday... you made an argument, I made a counter-argument, and all you could say was "prove it" ;)
I'm the main developer for the site. If you have any problems, ideas, questions or concerns please send me a message.
Let's revive the forums!
Crow
By Crow | Aug 28 2016 3:10 PM
admin: I actually asked you to provide sources for your factual claims.

You are by far the stupidest person I have ever met in my life. That is why I am ignoring all intellectual conversations with you, because you are incapable of having them.
admin
By admin | Aug 28 2016 3:13 PM
Crow: Sure, after you made many factual claims and didn't source them.

Yet just earlier on when somebody asked you for a source for a factual claim, you straight away went on this thread and called it dishonest.
Let's revive the forums!
Crow
By Crow | Aug 28 2016 3:16 PM
admin: *This is a reminder from the ABD committee. Admin is a notorious provoker of stupidity. He will pressure you into stooping to his level of utter idiocy and retardedness at every oppurtunity.

Do not engage. This is a standardized message.
Famousdebater
By Famousdebater | Aug 28 2016 10:48 PM
Crow: In your example:

if I made a long argument on how love is more important than hate because it creates emotional security, and someone replies "Give evidence"

A citation may still be necessary. Psychological as well as neurological studies may be needed to prove that live creates emotional security (because I can think of reasons as to why it could do the opposite).
Famousdebater from DDO.