EDEB8 - Ultimate Online Debating
About Us   Debate    Judge   Forum

Profile of the Edeb8r.

< Return to subforum
Page: 123456Most Recent
1harderthanyouthink
By 1harderthanyouthink | Oct 25 2015 4:56 PM
Irelia: I was messaged about this thread. I was messaged because my friend was being targeted by JMK...so I responded. Is it that I'm "stalking" JMK, or that I like to stick up for friends when an asshole attacks them?
JohnMaynardKeynes
By JohnMaynardKeynes | Oct 25 2015 5:05 PM
This is rich. After berating Lars for his moderation style, the parties involved that claim to have been "attacked" are now... levying personal attacks, all whilst saying, "Hey, I'm not saying I feel like a victim... but... other people might feel as much!" This is all after Lars clearly declared a ceasefire, which I abided by. But if you want to play hardball, we can continue. Make it a knockout round, if you will. I guarantee that I'll be the last one standing.

This is so pathetic it's astounding. I'd have more fun with this if I didn't have homework... i.e., I actually have things going on in my life that matter. Unlike you, Chris, I don't sit around all day on DDO and instigate confrontation -- only to deflect blame onto other people. But I am going to stand up for myself. This entire thread represents a year of staying quiet whilst getting tramped on by the likes of you and your dipshit friends. No more.

So you can call me an asshole all you want: you're entitled to your view, however jaded and stupid it happens to be, but if you think for one second I'll let you get away with it, you have another thing coming. I don't care that you're 14: if you want to play with fire, prepare to get burned. Cybertron failed to acknowledge that, and was astounded at his self-imposed burn. Want to follow in his footsteps? Continue what you're doing.
~JohnMaynardKeynes
"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." - George Santayana
"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit." - Aristotle
admin
By admin | Oct 25 2015 5:11 PM
1harderthanyouthink: Yeah, look, this was clearly out of line. If you say something like this again after all that, you'll be banned.
I'm the main developer for the site. If you have any problems, ideas, questions or concerns please send me a message.
Let's revive the forums!
1harderthanyouthink
By 1harderthanyouthink | Oct 25 2015 5:14 PM
admin: I thought it turned cursing to asterisks O.o...I thought that would make it a bit less out of line but yeah...
1harderthanyouthink
By 1harderthanyouthink | Oct 25 2015 5:16 PM
Joey, if you want people to know your thoughts about me, go ahead. In fact, reactivate your account on DDO so you can give your full "honest opinion". Go for 8,000 characters.
JohnMaynardKeynes
By JohnMaynardKeynes | Oct 25 2015 5:20 PM
Chris, here's the difference between us:

I don't start arguments. I finish them. Why in the world would I want to waste my time typing out an 8000-character rant about you? Who the hell are you? An immature little brat who's been shielded from the real world. What's funny is, we actually have a lot in common. I'm not sure if I ever had that discussion with you back when we were on reasonably good terms (i.e., before one of many of your irrational outbursts), but it happens to be the case.

I have no interest in returning to DDO or in wasting my time with you. I reason in terms of opportunity costs. If you want an argument, I'll give it to you. Otherwise, I'll focus my time elsewhere where it's infinitely more productive. I'd suggest you do the same. I don't have some animus to go after you, or wake up in the morning and say, "I wonder what Chris is thinking today, and how I can make him feel *this* big." It doesn't even cross my mind. Stay away from me and stay out of me, and we won't have any problems.
~JohnMaynardKeynes
"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." - George Santayana
"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit." - Aristotle
JohnMaynardKeynes
By JohnMaynardKeynes | Oct 25 2015 5:21 PM
JohnMaynardKeynes: *stay out of my way
~JohnMaynardKeynes
1harderthanyouthink
By 1harderthanyouthink | Oct 25 2015 5:24 PM
Joey. I'm serious. I really want to know what this "self-impossd burn" is like. Really. Do it, if I'm really on the path to it.
JohnMaynardKeynes
By JohnMaynardKeynes | Oct 25 2015 5:30 PM
It's not exactly a mystery.. Marshall asked for an honest opinion and I gave it to him. I'm very candid. I just explained, actually, fairly thoroughly my opinion of you. Strangely, you seem to think I have an aversion for you. Granted, I'll amid I'm not particularly fond of you, but your'e overestimating the amount of energy and time I invested either in you or in Brian. I just don't care anymore.

I take it you don't want a flame war. Wonderful. We're done here.

The DDO thread will probably die after a day. It was really, really stupid and ad-hoc, anyway (I don't buy for a second that it was "planned based on users coming forward with allegations of cross-site attacks"). Brian felt especially butthurt, so he made a thread. Fine. But Mikal is ironically correct on this: just let it die.
~JohnMaynardKeynes
1harderthanyouthink
By 1harderthanyouthink | Oct 25 2015 5:37 PM
I'm unsatisfied. You held back.
JohnMaynardKeynes
By JohnMaynardKeynes | Oct 25 2015 5:39 PM
Is that really what you're looking for?

~JohnMaynardKeynes
1harderthanyouthink
By 1harderthanyouthink | Oct 25 2015 5:46 PM
I'm looking for it on DDO. Publicly, too. Every thought.
JohnMaynardKeynes
By JohnMaynardKeynes | Oct 25 2015 5:48 PM
Well, I'm really not interested in that. In fact, the "burn" remark was intended to be a metaphor, but it was really a shitty choice of words, because you *are* 14. Ironically, our last conversation was actually pretty amicable, too.

~JohnMaynardKeynes
JohnMaynardKeynes
By JohnMaynardKeynes | Oct 25 2015 10:45 PM
I'm probably going to make a lengthy post later today commenting on this hilarity that has ensued, including calls for me to be banned on DDO (lol).
~JohnMaynardKeynes
Bolshevik-
By Bolshevik- | Oct 26 2015 3:45 AM
JohnMaynardKeynes: If he hasn't been banned for what he's done so far he probably won't be banned at all.
Victory: http://www.edeb8.com/forum/Games/828
JohnMaynardKeynes
By JohnMaynardKeynes | Oct 26 2015 3:46 AM
Bolshevik-: Fair.
~JohnMaynardKeynes
Irelia
By Irelia | Oct 26 2015 4:25 AM
JMK- I'm not sure why you blocked me.

Anyways, this is just the internet guys, let it go..
My name is Julia. I'm currently a Freshmen in College. I'm majoring in Astrophysics. I love debating! I've been on my High school debate club for 4 years, and now I'm in a Communication's argumentative
Romanii
By Romanii | Oct 26 2015 5:32 AM
JohnMaynardKeynes: What happened to having better things to do...
Forti Animo
By Forti Animo | Oct 26 2015 8:04 AM
Irelia: Lee, sweetheart, please, if you re-read the thread, you'd see that I didn't intend to instigate any fight. I merely asked- and repeatedly did so, might I add- that JMK not insult me behind my back, on a public website. I welcome you to pull out every instance of me insulting him in this thread, and compare it to his aggressive responses. The same way you came here to stick up for JMK, your friend- is the same way I came to stick up for myself.
Irelia
By Irelia | Oct 26 2015 10:19 AM
Forti Animo: First off, who said I'm Lee?

Also, Forti, you seem to act like you're the innocent one. False. When JMK made that AMA thread, you KNEW him and you WERE NOT on good terms, and you knew he didn't think highly of you at the time. Still, you asked him of an honest opinion of you. You knew what the out come was going to be. So really, you're the one who started the drama, not JMK. If you were so curious about a honest opinion, you should have gathered and processed what he has said to you in the past.
My name is Julia. I'm currently a Freshmen in College. I'm majoring in Astrophysics. I love debating! I've been on my High school debate club for 4 years, and now I'm in a Communication's argumentative
Page: 123456Most Recent